Question about SQLServer Session State Management

gnewsgroup

For asp.net web application, I had thought that using SQL Server
Session State management would imply that all session objects be
stored in SQL Server database ASPState.

But when I look into it, I notice that only stuffs related to
SessionID are stored in the database. None of my session objects such
as Session.Contents["UserName"],
Session.Contents["MyCustomerDataTable"] can be found in the database.

So, is it the case that session objects are really stored in memory
just like InProc session state mode? Thank you.

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Your session objects are indeed stored in the database. They are in binary
serialized form, that's why you cannot "see" what you are looking for.
--Peter

gnewsgroup

Your session objects are indeed stored in the database. They are in binary
serialized form, that's why you cannot "see" what you are looking for.
--Peter

In the SessionItemLong field?

So,

1. Each session will have only one row in the database?

2. Every time when a session object is created fresh or updated, the
SessionItemLong field is updated?

Thank you.