reading timestamp from vid file (avi)

flupke

Hi,

i capture a movie from mividv to an avi containing the dv video. I found
a program that reads the timestamp from the avi so you know the exact
date and time the video was shot. However, the source of that program is
not available and it doesn't allow to batch process a directory of video
files which is a pain if you import the video using "split scenes".

Is there a script/program in python that reads the header or where do i
start to write something like that?

Any info is appreciated.

Regards,
Benedict