recommend good freeware jsp editor

Jeff Kish

Hi.

I asked in the javascript group, and one person sent me over here (I think).
Can someone recommend a jsp editor with at least syntax coloring..
is there such a thing as code completion?..
Thanks
Jeff Kish

Christophe Vanfleteren

Jeff said:
Hi.

I asked in the javascript group, and one person sent me over here (I
think). Can someone recommend a jsp editor with at least syntax coloring..
is there such a thing as code completion?..
Thanks
Jeff Kish

Netbeans comes with syntax highlighting, auto-completion (of htmltags and
taglibs), for jsp and java scriplets.

http://www.netbeans.org

Drew Volpe

Last time we met said:
What about JDeveloper from Oracle. Doesn't do the same job also?

JDeveloper isn't freeware; there's a free trial version, but it's $1k
if you want to continue to use it.

dv

The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.

Drew Volpe, mylastname at hcs o harvard o edu

Ant...

Jeff Kish said:
Hi.

I asked in the javascript group, and one person sent me over here (I think).
Can someone recommend a jsp editor with at least syntax coloring..
is there such a thing as code completion?..

jEdit (www.jedit.org) is an excellent Open Source editor which has
syntax highlighting for jsp (and a host of other languages). It is
particularly good when set up as a Java IDE with its various plugins.

It has code completion for any XML you have the dtd for (and comes
with many such as XHTML, DocBook, XSLT etc preinstalled), and HTML in
the XML Plugin.