recover/extract content from html with help of cheetah templates

manuel.reil

Hello,

currently i am developing a very small cms using python and cheetah.
very early i have noticed that i was lacking the method to
extract/recover the contents (html,text) from the html that is
generated by cheetah and delivered to the site viewer.

to explain it further: during the output processing by cheetah
placeholders are replaced with my text/html input. to edit/alter the
page i have to extract my personal input out of the delivered html
again, like a diff of output html and the template.

is there a method integrated in cheetah which i have not noticed so far
to do this?
or have i to write a own "diff" method?

thanks in advance,
manuel