Redirecting stdin, stdout, and stderr to a window

Michael McGarry

Hi,

How do I redirect stdin, stdout and stderr to a window? I am using Qt
for GUI.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Fuhr

Michael McGarry said:
How do I redirect stdin, stdout and stderr to a window? I am using Qt
for GUI.

I don't know what specific mechanisms Qt provides, but the general
solution is to write a class that implements I/O methods like read,
readline, and write, and assign instances of that method to the
input and output filehandles. For example, you could write a class
with a write() method that displays text in a window, then assign
an instance of that class to sys.stdout. Subsequent calls to 'print'
would send output to the window.