regarding to life cycle of the html body onload event

baroque Chou

the body tag has onload event, I want to make sure that is it a client
side scirpt, is it fired completed after the page is rendered, I mean,
the meaning of the onload is the browser loading the rendered page
coming from server response? and have no business with the Pages's
On_load method which is called at server side.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

baroque said:
the body tag has onload event, I want to make sure that is it a client
side scirpt, is it fired completed after the page is rendered, I mean,
the meaning of the onload is the browser loading the rendered page
coming from server response? and have no business with the Pages's
On_load method which is called at server side.

This is correct. The "body onload" event is a pure client-side event,
which is fired by the browser when the page is fully loaded *and*
rendered. It means that you can rely on it that your JavaScript code is
fully loaded and interpreted.

Note however that it doesn't mean that plugins you might have on the
page are ready to work. If you have for example an applet you want to
interact with, you must make sure it is started first.

HTH,
Laurent