Register page not accessible due to failed login

K Viltersten

This far i've only managed logins for existing users
only. Now, we'll need to add registration of new
ones and i've created a working Register.ASPX
file. The only problem is that when a user clicks on
"Register now!", they get redirected from the
registration page, right back to Login.ASPX, due to
security of the page.

What's the smartest way to resolve this?

miher

K Viltersten said:
This far i've only managed logins for existing users
only. Now, we'll need to add registration of new
ones and i've created a working Register.ASPX
file. The only problem is that when a user clicks on
"Register now!", they get redirected from the
registration page, right back to Login.ASPX, due to
security of the page.

What's the smartest way to resolve this?

Hi,

One possible solution is to add a location element for the registration page
into web.config where You allow access. ex.:
<location path="Register.aspx" allowOverride="false">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

Hope this helps.
-Zsolt

K Viltersten

This far i've only managed logins for existing users
One possible solution is to add a location element for the registration
page into web.config where You allow access. ex.:
<location path="Register.aspx" allowOverride="false">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>

Sure, i'll test it right away. I also wonder if there are
other approaches to it? Which ones? What are the
advantages/disadvantages?

A friend talked about setting up a combined page for
both login and registration. I guess we might set up
for showing only a part of the page (depending on the
login status). I think it sounds a bit awkward and less
proffessional. What do you think?