RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (final)

Anthony Baxter

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.3 (final).

Python 2.3.3 is a bug-fix release of Python 2.3. A couple of serious
bugs related to weakrefs and the cyclic garbage collector have been
fixed, along with a number of bugs in the standard library. See the
release notes on the web page for more details.

For more information on Python 2.3.3, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see

http://www.python.org/2.3.3

Highlights of this new release include:

- A couple of serious bugs in the interactions of weakrefs and
cyclic GC have been squashed.
- At shutdown, the second call to the cyclic garbage collector has
been removed. This caused more problems than it solved.
- The xml.parsers.expat module now provides Expat 1.95.7.
- Bug #823328: urllib2's HTTP Digest Auth support works again.
- See http://www.python.org/2.3.3/NEWS.html for other bugfixes.

Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.3) are available
from the Python 2.3 page, at

http://www.python.org/2.3/highlights.html

Enjoy the new release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
(e-mail address removed)
Python 2.3.x Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)