RELEASED Python 2.6.2

Barry Warsaw

On behalf of the Python community, I'm happy to announce the
availability of Python 2.6.2. This is the latest production-ready
version in the Python 2.6 series. Dozens of issues have been fixed
since Python 2.6.1 was released back in December. Please see the NEWS
file for all the gory details.

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.2/NEWS.txt

For more information on Python 2.6 in general, please see

http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.6.html

Source tarballs, Windows installers, and (soon) Mac OS X disk images
can be downloaded from the Python 2.6.2 page:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.2/

Please report bugs for any Python version in the Python tracker:

http://bugs.python.org

Enjoy,
-Barry

Barry Warsaw
(e-mail address removed)
Python 2.6/3.0 Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)