remote assistance with vista,yes,xp no

GeorgeGreece

Hello everyone,

I'm running Vista ultimate. The last 10 days I'm having problem of giving
remote assistance to users that have windows xp. I'm trying through Live
messenger and through invitation file, both fails.I can give remote
assistance to users running vista. The most strange is that users with xp CAN
GIVE TO ME assistance!

I can remote desktop to my pc running vista, from every pc running xp!

When i try to give remote assistance on users of xp, the remote assistance
screen opes, but it stays to "trying to connect" and after a while i get the
error message that "user may no longer be in front of his pc"(i translate it
from my language,it's almost like the one i wrote)

As users can connect to me and i can connect to users running vista, u can
understand that everything about concers firewalls,ports,remote staffs and so
from system menu on the control panel are ok.

Is there a services got something to do about this?is there an update who
changed something?What port does remote assistance use?

Any help would be much expected...