"Remote" javascript

Aaron Fude

Hi,

We are struggling getting a gwt example work on our machines. Rather
than describe our entire problem we'll ask a more generic question
that is sctricly about javascript.

Namely, if there is a webpage with javascript (e.g. http://gawkat.com/UrchinTracker
) and one copies the html page into his server tree, and readjusts the
embedded links to the absolute .js files - should the page continue to
work?

WIth the http://gawkat.com/UrchinTracker example, it doesn't it. What
is it about javascript that causes is behavior.

Thanks,

Aaron

Peter Michaux

[snip]
Namely, if there is a webpage with javascript (e.g.http://gawkat.com/UrchinTracker
) and one copies the html page into his server tree, and readjusts the
embedded links to the absolute .js files - should the page continue to
work?

Not necessarily. The "same origin policy" (google it) for security
could be causing problems, for example.

[snip]

Peter

Jennifer Eden

[snip]
Namely, if there is a webpage with javascript (e.g.http://gawkat.com/UrchinTracker
) and one copies the html page into his server tree, and readjusts the
embedded links to the absolute .js files - should the page continue to
work?

Not necessarily. The "same origin policy" (google it) for security
could be causing problems, for example.

[snip]

Peter

Yup, that's exactly what it was. Thanks.