Report Server Visual Studio

Guest

I am trying to set up a Report Server to publish reports that I have created
in Visual Studio 2005. I have been able to get it up and running and I am
able to access reports via the web and set up another user. The other user
can log on and see the reports available but when he runs then it begins to
run the report then throws the error below. I have tried looking in the
virus software logs to see if it is being blocked but that doesn't seem to be
the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Server Error in '/Reports' Application.
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An established
connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SocketException (0x2745): An established connection was aborted by the
software in your host machine]
System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size, SocketFlags socketFlags) +1043387
System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32
size) +119

[IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An
established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.]
System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +386
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.MakeMemoryStream(Stream stream) +221

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error
occurred on a receive.]

Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.GetSecureMethods() +211

Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname) +42

Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.GetExecutionInfo() +122
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.GetExecutionInfo() +234
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetExecutionId(String
executionId, Boolean fullReportLoad) +109

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.LoadFromUrlQuery(NameValueCollection requestParameters, Boolean fullReportLoad) +90
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataOperation..ctor() +326
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler(String operationType)
+470
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context) +44

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
completedSynchronously) +64

Guest

Hi,

Mmmm... not sure if it's an SSRS issue or a datasource / connection string
issue.

Let's first check where is the source of the problem:

- Create a dummy report with a label (content e.g.: 'Test') and no
datasrouce/Connection database at all.

- Publish this report.

- Try to browse the report with both users.

Did the report work?

- Yes: Then it's a datsource issue, go to the datasources folders and edit
the connection string associated to the other reports (99 % that you are
using Windows Authentication, try to setup a SQL Server login for the
connection and store it, perform all this operations in the SSRS Navigator).

- No: Uh uh... it seems that your SSRS instance is not well installed :-(,
check first SQL Server Configuration and see if any of the settings is not
correctly initialized.

Good luck
Braulio

/// Braulio Diez