ReportViewer control - Remote processing mode

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Raghu, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. Raghu

    Raghu Guest

    I have developed a web portal that uses ReportViewer web control to
    connect to a remote SQL 2005 Report server and displays the reports on
    the client side. The asp.net page has been coded to automatically
    impersonate a specific user who has access to the report server so that
    the customer don't get a pop-up asking for login credentials. Once the
    report has been displayed in the Report viewer control, I am getting an
    error when I click on Refresh, exports, ... buttons on the reportviewer
    toolbar.. Can someone please help me resolve this.

    Here is the error description:

    Execution session has expired

    Exception Details: System.Exception: Execution session has expired

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [Exception: Execution session has expired]

    Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerIdentityStore.GetCredentials(String
    controlID) +151
    Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerIdentityStore.GetCredentials(Guid
    controlID) +21
    Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.LoadViewState(Object
    savedState) +458
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +251
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList
    childState) +142
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +292
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList
    childState) +142
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +292
    System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +513
    +2533

    Raghu, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Raghu

    Guest Guest

    The user you are using does not below to that Session

    Guest, Jan 4, 2006

  3. Thanks for your reply. I was able to make some options in the
    ReportViewer toolbar to work. I just changed the "EnableViewState"
    property of Reportviewer control from True to False. After making this
    change the PageWidth & Refresh button works fine. But, I am not able to
    export or print the report. Please help.

    Raghavendra Ramakrishna, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Raghu

    Guest Guest

    What error do you get when exporting?
    Or
    Do you want to know how to export it to Excel?

    Guest, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Raghu

    Raghu Guest

    When the EnableViewState is set to True and I click on Export (after
    selecting a report format, excel, etc), I get the following error:
    "Execution session has expired"

    When the EnableViewState of ReportViewer control is set to false, and I
    click on export button, nothing happens. the reporviewer control just
    gets refreshed.

    The page navigation button too doesn't work in both the cases. error:
    "Page navigation is out of range "

    I have used the code from the following blog to automatically
    impersonate a specific user.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/11/18/494436.aspx

    I am not sure if the problem is with the code or the ReportViewer
    control. But, using the above code the report gets displayed correctly
    without any pop-up asking for user credentials. I would like the page
    navigation and report export feature of reportview control to work
    successfully without any error.

    Raghu, Jan 5, 2006