ReportViewer - ReportViewerWebControl.axd - query string problem withName URL Parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sajjad.mussani, Dec 11, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I have a ReportViewer control on my aspx page which is creating a
    report when a user clicks on some button. The problem is that it
    cannot find the Scripts.ReportViewer.js file as the querystring (auto
    generated by asp.net) has an error.

    In my case, I am getting the following error:

    Exception type: System.ArgumentException

    Exception message: Missing URL parameter: Name

    After doing some research, I think the problem is in the querystring:
    OpType=Resource&Version=8.0.50727.42&Name=Scripts.ReportViewer.js

    "&" before the Name parameter is generating the error. If I
    replace the "&" with "&" and try to access the .js file then
    everything works fine. The problem is that I don't know where is the
    code that generates this querystring???

    my web.config file has the following httphandlers

    <httpHandlers>

    <remove path="*.asmx" verb="*" />

    <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*"
    type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler,
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false" />

    </httpHandlers>

    Thanks for your help.

    Sajjad

    sajjad.mussani, Dec 11, 2007