Repost: "Redirecting" web service

sham

Hi to all,

Sorry for the repost. I asked this question about 2 weeks ago and I have had
no reply. I tried on the IIS group, but still no luck.

Basically, we have a web service that has now been re-written using Asp.net.
The old web service calls were made using :
http://MyCompany/soap/NewsService (i.e. without any extension).

What I need to do is "redirect" http://MyCompany/soap/NewsService to
http://MyCompany/soap/NewsService.asmx.

I have been testing using the Cassini Webserver and by using an httpModule I
have been able to do this.
However with IIS, how can I filter a call to my httpmodule which has no
extension?

Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Sham.

We have a webservice application that had it's own built in web server. We
are know re-writing the app using ASP.net. The problem we have is that there
are exisiting customers which we cannot upgread without making any changes
to the client app.

What we found is that when the client makes a web service call, the URL used
is http://MyCompany/soap/NewsService.

For this call to work with the ASP.net app, it needs to have the .asmx
extension at the end otherwise I get a 405 (method not found) error.

Is there a way with IIS for the client web service call to get redirected to
NewsService.asmx? In this way existing clients will work.

Sham.