Repost: VB Master-Details Edit (Separate Pages), Response Redirect to Master Page Databinding Help..

Sam

Sorry to post the same post multiple times but the URL Addresses were
not Correct in Earlier Posts.

Here are the correct URL's:

1) Run It URL is here:

http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/samples/data/GridViewMasterDetailsInsertPage_vb.aspx

Master Page:

http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/...asterDetailsInsertPage_vb.aspx&lang=VB+Source

Detail Page Edit:

http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/util/...c&file=DetailsViewEdit_vb.aspx&lang=VB+Source

________________________

My intention is this:
for Example, in (GridViewMasterDetailsInsertPage_vb.aspx) in
DropDownList1 user selects State = "NY", Gridview1 filters only shows
records from "NY", they click 'Edit' button to invoke
(DetailsViewEdit_vb.aspx).

I would like to see that after they select 'Update' or 'Cancel' from
Detail page, Master Page (GridViewMasterDetailsInsertPage_vb.aspx)
Gridview1 should show only records from State = "NY". Because this is
the Orginial selection prior to calling (DetailsViewEdit_vb.aspx).

If so, what will be the Command or Commands and where they will be
issued? Master or Detail Page? Currently Gridview1 as well as
Dropdownlist is showing null in Master Page after response redirect
from Detail Page.

In Summary I would like to see after response redirect from Detail
Page, Master Page Dropdown list and Gridview1 should not be Null. It
should have the same values prior to calling Detail Page..

I admit I am new to Asp.Net but I must need to start somewhere. I have
been struggling to resolve this issue since past 2 days...Any Help will
be sincerely appreciated...

Regards

Sam

Report abuse