Response Buffer Limit?

Patrick Bates

I have an ASP page which is returning so much data that I'm receiving a
message that the Response Buffer Limit has exceeded its configured values.

Any idea where to find this configured value so I can set it higher?

Thanks,
Patrick

Eric Rodriguez

The value you need to increase is the AspBufferingLimit, and it is found in
the metabase.

You could manually edit the value in metabase.xml, but I'd suggest using
MetabaseExplorer (a free tool in the IIS Resource kit) to get at that value.
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56fc92ee-a71a-4c73
-b628-ade629c89499&DisplayLang=en>

You'll find it at LM/W3SVC/AspBufferingLimt; however, you can also define
this value at the site, directory, or virtual directory level.

This value is expressed in bytes. The default value is 4MB.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/iissdk/iis
/ref_mb_aspbufferinglimit.asp>

Regards,

~Eric

You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Dave Anderson

Patrick said:
I have an ASP page which is returning so much data that I'm receiving
a message that the Response Buffer Limit has exceeded its configured
values.

Any idea where to find this configured value so I can set it higher?

Another suggestion that may be useful:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/ref_vbom_resomflush.asp

--
Dave Anderson