Rest Collection WCF Service failure

Paul S

I have created a new Rest Service based on the Rest Starter Kit. When I run
it in a hosted environment it fails with:

IIS specified authentication schemes 'IntegratedWindowsAuthentication,
Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one
authentication scheme. Valid authentication schemes are Digest, Negotiate,
NTLM, Basic, or Anonymous. Change the IIS settings so that only a single
authentication scheme is used

I suggestions I have found suggests changes in th IIS settings, but becuase
I run in a hosted environment it's not an option.

Is there a way to do it in the web.config file? - or ...?

Thanks
Paul S

Mr. Arnold

Paul said:
I have created a new Rest Service based on the Rest Starter Kit. When I run
it in a hosted environment it fails with:

IIS specified authentication schemes 'IntegratedWindowsAuthentication,
Anonymous', but the binding only supports specification of exactly one
authentication scheme. Valid authentication schemes are Digest, Negotiate,
NTLM, Basic, or Anonymous. Change the IIS settings so that only a single
authentication scheme is used

I suggestions I have found suggests changes in th IIS settings, but becuase
I run in a hosted environment it's not an option.

Is there a way to do it in the web.config file? - or ...?

This link may give you some insight on using the service bindings.

<http://www.trentswanson.com/post/20...ual-Studio-20082c-WCF2c-and-Windows-Auth.aspx>

The client Web config must match up with the settings used by the Web
service side Web.config on the bindings.

I guess that's one problem in hosting a site on a service provider. But
that change to IIS is done at the application's virtual directory settings.

So, I myself don't see why the host service can't goto the virtual
directory for the application and set the authentication scheme, as it
doesn't affect any other virtual directory settings but the one for your
application.