Retrieve User Information from Active Directory

Guest

Hi,
I have to retrieve user information from active directory in ASP.NET by
passing Employee ID to it. Can any one give me some information on how I
should do this?
Thanks!

Guest

Phillip,
Thanks for your reply. This link requires "Lan Id" as the input here --
search.Filter = "(SAMAccountName=" + username + ")";

I will have "EmpID" and I have to retrieve lanid from the AD. The user
logging into the application will be different from the user logged onto the
PC.

Guest

Is the empID a property stored in the AD?

If so, I think you can do it by not filtering based on the SAMAccountName,
and then you can loop through the searchResult records (as in the GetGroups
method in the link posted previously) till you get a record whose empID
property equals the one you got from the web interface.

If not, then you must have somewhere a relationship defined between the
empID and the UserID to be able to get information from the AD.