How to store and retrieve data from the backend

Discussion in 'Python' started by Casper27, Jun 29, 2017.

  1. Casper27

    Casper27

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2017
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Bengalore
    @here

    I have a huge data in excel sheets, on daily basis I will be adding some more data to the existed one this is my job.

    At present im comparing the new data with old data by using vlookup and some excel formulas. Want to create a small tool by using some programming language where I can retrieve the data by using some queries.

    Objective : Want to store my data in the backend and also want to pull the same data by using some quires

    Have no idea how to start and where to start. Can only one help me how to do this. Thanks in advance :)

    Casper27, Jun 29, 2017

  2. Casper27

    Thiefcom

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2017
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    7
    SQL and Microsoft access by these are two simple things that can make the work go so much faster like I used SQL to compeer buying prices of a motherboard. But it relay on what your data is that your trying to find.

    Thiefcom, Jun 29, 2017

  3. Casper27

    Casper27

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2017
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Bengalore
    @Thiefcom thank you so much for replying me.
    I'll explain in detail what im looking.

    Right now im having a data of 10k links(urls) and I want to store this data at the backend. on daily basis ill be collecting some more new urls and adding to the previous list. Here comes the problem, what is the best way i can compare my new data set with the old one.

    My new data set is having some 500 urls. Quickly I want to compare these 500 links with old data

    Casper27, Jun 30, 2017
  4. Casper27

    Thiefcom

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2017
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    7
    Wait what using these for.

    Thiefcom, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Casper27

    Casper27

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2017
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Bengalore
    i'll be collecting industry wise links like Tech, Automobiles and soon from different sources. I want to avoid duplicates during these process.

    Casper27, Jul 5, 2017
  6. Casper27

    Thiefcom

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2017
    Messages:
    55
    Likes Received:
    7
    Well the way I said needs humans to update it.

    Thiefcom, Jul 6, 2017