RichTextBox Installation?

Fred Nelson

Hi:

I'm devloping a VB.NET web app that needs a spell checking function. I have
been trying to the the Rich Text Box product to work with my project with no
success. I have installed the demo, added the references to my project, and
I still get crashes every time I run it. The box it produces is so small
that I can't read the error messages.

I have sent them e-mail and even called yet get no response!

Does anyone know where there may be examples of how to add this product to
the project? If I can get it to work it should meet our needs.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Fred

Mark Fitzpatrick

A lot of smaller companies have taken the end of the year off and are just
coming back today so it may take a while.

You might try some open source text boxes. There's one at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fckeditor/ You can also search for similar
projects at SourceForge as I've run across several.

One thing to keep in mind with some of the textbox controls. I've found that
referencing the text property of the control will often truncate the text at
16 characters. Instead I use the Request.Form collection to get at the full
textbox posted data upon form submission.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Fred Nelson

Mark:

You are right - this is the first day back from vacation. I will check out
this spell checker - I hadn't heard about it before.

Also, do you have any experience with "NetSpell"?

Thansk again!

Fred