ROR / Apache2 / FastCGI - Missing Stylesheets

Blazer

Folks ...

I have been porting my app from dev environment on Webrick to Apache
with FastCGI. I have the app responding and pulling up the data, but it
is ignoring the "images", "stylesheets", "javascripts" directories
located in the public directory.

I'm running Apache under Suse Linux 9.x. Here is the information that I
have in my vhosts.conf file:

#
# VirtualHost template:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerAdmin (e-mail address removed)
ServerName www.spro.com
ServerSignature On

DocumentRoot /srv/www/vhosts/www.spro.com/public/

ErrorLog /log/www.spro.com-error_log
CustomLog /log/www.spro-access_log combined

HostnameLookups Off
UseCanonicalName Off

<IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
FastCgiServer \
/srv/www/vhosts/www.spro.com/public/dispatch.fcgi \
-initial-env RAILS_ENV=development -processes 10 \
-idle-timeout 120
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
UserDir public_html
Include /etc/apache2/mod_userdir.conf
</IfModule>

<Directory /srv/www/vhosts/www.spro.com/public/>
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

This is my first attempt at bringing a RoR application up under Apache2
utilizing FastCGI. It is my understanding that giving the full path
name in both DocumentRoot and Directory definitions should allow RoR to
find the stylesheets. The system works perfectly under Webrick in my
dev environment, just need to figure this out.

Thanks in advance ...

David