Ruby 1.8.4 and Ruby 1.8.6

Bala

Hi Experts,

I was wondering, if we could use previous version if we installed
1.8.6?

i know this is stupid. :) any suggestions?

regards,
Bala

Eric Hodel

Hi Experts,

I was wondering, if we could use previous version if we installed
1.8.6?

i know this is stupid. :) any suggestions?

[unpack a ruby 1.8.6 tarball and cd into it]
/configure --prefix=/path/to/ruby186
make && make install
/path/to/ruby186/bin/ruby -v

Michal Suchanek

Hi Experts,
I was wondering, if we could use previous version if we installed
1.8.6?
i know this is stupid. :) any suggestions?

[unpack a ruby 1.8.6 tarball and cd into it]
/configure --prefix=/path/to/ruby186
make && make install
/path/to/ruby186/bin/ruby -v

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply, but i'm on windows

Thanks,

I beleive the one click installer allows installing in different locations.

However, you would have to modify your path when you want to use a
different ruby or not set your path at all and run it by full name.

I suspect there might be problems if you set your path to point to one
version of ruby and run another one as windows use path to look up
shared libraries.

Thanks

Michal