Ruby 1.9.0/1.8.7/1.8.6/1.8.5 new releases (Security Fix)

Igal Koshevoy

Larry said:
Yup, that was it.
Larry: If you're running a modern version of FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Debian,
Fedora, Gentoo and some others, you may want to consider using their
updated packages because these contain the patches and will be easier to
install/update.

Rob: Thanks.

-igal

Mike Berrow

If I want to use a 1.8.6 which solves the security issues but does not
have any segfault etc. breakage, what is the current advice?.

Is it p111 plus some patch?
Or might the dust settle soon on an official release?

Thanks much.

-- Mike Berrow

Mike Berrow

Mike said:
If I want to use a 1.8.6 which solves the security issues but does not
have any segfault etc. breakage, what is the current advice?.

Is it p111 plus some patch?
Or might the dust settle soon on an official release?

Thanks much.

-- Mike Berrow

Uhmmm, should I have asked this on core?
-- Mike Berrow