Ruby 1.9.2 package has library version 1.9.1?

Ralf Mueller

Hi!
I downloaded Ruby-1.9.2-0p136 and run configure. It finishes with:
ext/include/x86_64-linux/ruby/config.h updated
ruby library version = 1.9.1
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

So Ruby has a library, which has a different version than the ruby interpreter?

thanks in advance
ralf

Luis Lavena

Hi!
I downloaded Ruby-1.9.2-0p136 and run configure. It finishes with:
ext/include/x86_64-linux/ruby/config.h updated
ruby library version = 1.9.1
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile

So Ruby has a library, which has a different version than the ruby interpreter?

Read Ruby 1.9.2 release notes, also search, this has been asked
several times already.