Ruby and Eclipse

Lloyd Linklater

Greetings!

I have been trying to get eclipse to where it can deal with ruby more or
less as it does with java. I am looking for some color coding, code
completion and, if possible, even debugging. So far, I am coming up
goose eggs. I have tried things that I saw on:

http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/distributions/ruby-rails.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-rubyeclipse/
http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2006/01/19/eclips-ing-ruby/

but for some reason they do not work for me. Any tips from someone that
got it working?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Michael Klishin

Consider trying dltk for Ruby, they have a great type inference
(probably the best around to the date).

eclipse.org/dltk