Ruby and SDL?

Wim Vander Schelden

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a decent binding for SDL in ruby?
The only thing I can find is http://www.kmc.gr.jp/~ohai/index.en.html,
but that one doesn't look all that reliable. Is there anyone with some
experience with this binding? Is it reliable? And how about efficiency?

Thanks,

Wim

--
Wim Vander Schelden
Bachelor Computer Science, University Ghent

http://nanoblog.ath.cx
My weblog, powered by Ruby and BSD licensed.

gga

Wim Vander Schelden ha escrito:
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a decent binding for SDL in ruby?
The only thing I can find is http://www.kmc.gr.jp/~ohai/index.en.html,
but that one doesn't look all that reliable. Is there anyone with some
experience with this binding? Is it reliable? And how about efficiency?

Yes, it works fine (at least on unix boxes), with SDL1.2. It is as
efficient as any scripting binding can be.
The one on rubyforge, on the other hand, is more buggy and will take
some hacking to get it compiled. Avoid it.