Ruby article on DevSource

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Hal Fulton, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. Hal Fulton

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Hal Fulton, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Martin DeMello, Mar 23, 2005

  3. Hal Fulton

    Ben Giddings Guest

    Here's a correction. I think your parentheses are outta whack here.

    "The original Rails application was BaseCamp), a Web-based project
    management tool conceived by 37 Signals). The project's lead designer,
    David Heinemeier Hansson, is the mind behind Rails. "The ease of use and
    the speed of development are catching the attention of developers," says
    Hansson."

    )Actually, it's not a correction, because I didn't know how you wanted
    it worded, but it's more a 'I think there's an error'.) ;)

    Ben

    Ben Giddings, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Hal Fulton

    Tim Hunter Guest

    Wonderful stuff, Hal! And I read it with Internet Explorer :)

    Tim Hunter, Mar 23, 2005
  5. FYI, the "Print" link at the bottom of the page takes you to a different
    article, making it very difficult to print this one.

    R. Mark Volkmann, Mar 23, 2005
  6. Hal Fulton

    Ben Giddings Guest

    Wow, that's a really great article Hal. It really makes me happy to
    know so many people are using Ruby in so many interesting ways.

    I think it deserves a link from the Ruby homepage. It's a much better
    list of real-world Ruby usage than the typical laundry list of random
    projects.

    The one problem I have with it is the formatting. For some reason, on
    most pages, the section header appears right above a big ad, and the
    text to start the section appears over to the right. Because of that,
    the title appears to be associated with the ad, not the text.

    Ben

    Ben Giddings, Mar 23, 2005
  7. A great pleasure to read, indeed.

    I'd like to print it and read it offline, but the "print" link leads to
    "The State of the Scripting Universe" by Lynn Greiner.

    Happy rubying

    Stephan

    Stephan Kämper, Mar 23, 2005
  8. Hal, I learn something every time I read your work and this instance
    was no different. Thanks for sharing.

    James Edward Gray II

    James Edward Gray II, Mar 23, 2005
  9. Oh, my. Line counts.... I hear the sound of fur being rubbed the wrong
    way :p

    Joel VanderWerf, Mar 23, 2005
  10. Huh, now I got it. Hal's article *is* at that link. At the very end of
    the whole page.

    Happy rubying

    Stephan

    Stephan Kämper, Mar 23, 2005
  11. Great article!

    One question: In the article, you mentioned that their was a
    Ruby/Paypal interface. However, I don't seem to be able to find such a
    thing.
    Where am I not looking?

    -Thanks
    Shalev

    Shalev NessAiver, Mar 23, 2005
  12. Hal Fulton

    Bill Guindon Guest

    That it was.
    Thought I'd seen that announced before, but I can't find one either.
    Did find a couple of people discussing building a paypal gateway.

    Also found one for Authorize.net, looks promising for carts.
    http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/payment/
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/payment/

    Bill Guindon, Mar 24, 2005
  13. Hal Fulton

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Hmm. Maybe I lied. :)

    I really thought there was one. Now I'm looking...

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, Mar 24, 2005