Ruby article on DevSource

Ben Giddings

Hal said:
Comments and corrections are welcome.

Here's a correction. I think your parentheses are outta whack here.

"The original Rails application was BaseCamp), a Web-based project
management tool conceived by 37 Signals). The project's lead designer,
David Heinemeier Hansson, is the mind behind Rails. "The ease of use and
the speed of development are catching the attention of developers," says
Hansson."

)Actually, it's not a correction, because I didn't know how you wanted
it worded, but it's more a 'I think there's an error'.) ;)

Ben

Ben Giddings

Wow, that's a really great article Hal. It really makes me happy to
know so many people are using Ruby in so many interesting ways.

I think it deserves a link from the Ruby homepage. It's a much better
list of real-world Ruby usage than the typical laundry list of random
projects.

The one problem I have with it is the formatting. For some reason, on
most pages, the section header appears right above a big ad, and the
text to start the section appears over to the right. Because of that,
the title appears to be associated with the ad, not the text.

Ben

Stephan Kämper

Hal said:
FWIW, DevSource.com (previously mentioned here) now has
a Ruby article online:

http://www.devsource.com/article2/0,1759,1778695,00.asp

I believe they added it in the last few hours.

Comments and corrections are welcome.

Thanks,
Hal

A great pleasure to read, indeed.

I'd like to print it and read it offline, but the "print" link leads to
"The State of the Scripting Universe" by Lynn Greiner.

Happy rubying

Stephan

Stephan Kämper

Stephan said:
A great pleasure to read, indeed.

I'd like to print it and read it offline, but the "print" link leads to
"The State of the Scripting Universe" by Lynn Greiner.

Huh, now I got it. Hal's article *is* at that link. At the very end of
the whole page.

Happy rubying

Stephan

Shalev NessAiver

Great article!

One question: In the article, you mentioned that their was a
Ruby/Paypal interface. However, I don't seem to be able to find such a
thing.
Where am I not looking?

-Thanks
Shalev

Bill Guindon

Great article!

That it was.
One question: In the article, you mentioned that their was a
Ruby/Paypal interface. However, I don't seem to be able to find such a
thing.
Where am I not looking?

Thought I'd seen that announced before, but I can't find one either.
Did find a couple of people discussing building a paypal gateway.

Also found one for Authorize.net, looks promising for carts.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/payment/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/payment/

Hal Fulton

Bill said:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:41:32 +0900, Shalev NessAiver

Thought I'd seen that announced before, but I can't find one either.
Did find a couple of people discussing building a paypal gateway.

Hmm. Maybe I lied. :)

I really thought there was one. Now I'm looking...

Hal