ruby editor

James Britt

Dilip said:
please suggest me the good editor for ruby.

Vi!

No, Emacs!

No, TextMate!

No, Eclipse!

Actually, please search the mailing list archives; this is a *well*
covered topic.

James Britt (vim user)

Devin Mullins

Paul said:
This is like asking a group of strangers to tell you what kind of woman to
marry. What could be more personal and idiosyncratic than choosing a
programming editor?

There are many good ones, and you haven't told us which platform you are on.
I read that last sentence as:
"There are many types of people, and you haven't told us whether you're
into blondes, brunettes, or redheads."

Devin

Gregory Seidman

} >This is like asking a group of strangers to tell you what kind of woman to
} >marry. What could be more personal and idiosyncratic than choosing a
} >programming editor?
} >
} >There are many good ones, and you haven't told us which platform you are
} >on.
} I read that last sentence as:
} "There are many types of people, and you haven't told us whether you're
} into blondes, brunettes, or redheads."

Silly analogy time!

Windows => brunette (most common, nothing special)
Linux => blonde (more fun, and brunettes often bleach to blonde)
MacOS X => redhead (sexy!)

} Devin
--Greg