Ruby GUI under JRuby and NetBeans - A cry for help!

Victor Reyes

Team,

Yesterday I got JRuby with its myriad requirements working under MS Windows
XP. Once I understand this environment well I will install it under AIX.
The main reason, perhaps the only reason why I want this to work is to be
able to do easy GUI design with drag/drop with NetBeans, as was suggested on
this forum.
NetBeans actually has a nice tutorial (*GUI Building in NetBeans IDE 5.0*),
which I followed, but for Java.
I can't see to find similar tutorial for Ruby. Matter of fact I tried to
follow the Java Tutorial but for Ruby but very quickly you know that you
can't do that.

Is there any tutorial for Ruby like the one provided for Java for the
environment described above?

Thank you

Victor

David Koontz

You might be interested in this project:

http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/

They have some tutorials there.

-Brian

Yes in fact we added some new tutorials today that takes you through
installing and configuring Netbeans all the way through "Hello World"
packaged up for distribution to an end user.

David Koontz

Leslie Viljoen

Yes in fact we added some new tutorials today that takes you through
installing and configuring Netbeans all the way through "Hello World"
packaged up for distribution to an end user.

Aha, I see it's been updated! Thanks for that!

Les