Ruby VM Projects

David Garamond

David said:
Use C for speed. Yes, eval.c is not so great, and a syntax error which
isnt very specific as what is wrong is bad.

Use C, ah yes. And spend 10x more time coding the same amount of code.
Thanks, but no thanks. (Actually, I will use C, but only after
everything else has been tried).

Wouldn't you like if Ruby could run 50%-300% faster than the current
implementation (because it really could, the current implementation is
not really efficient)? Me, I'd kill for that :)

Alexander Kellett

Use C, ah yes. And spend 10x more time coding the same amount of code.
Thanks, but no thanks. (Actually, I will use C, but only after
everything else has been tried).

Wouldn't you like if Ruby could run 50%-300% faster than the current
implementation (because it really could, the current implementation is
not really efficient)? Me, I'd kill for that :)

assuming that this rubydium project really
gets off the ground, can i give you a list of
names in advance? :p

Alex

Alexander Kellett

Many hackers are coordinated. There are many projects which have a team
and have specific areas to focus on. Management of OSS projects if a
plus. There are big projects, and even small projects which have
mangement. FreeBSD team is one of the larger projects. Then there are
projects like DragonFlyBSD Installer project which is even smaller than
what a VM team should have yet they *DO HAVE* management to who works on
what area. Management is a must to make the project move faster.

your fatal flaw is your "what a VM team should have"
my vm team would and should have one person, me, i can't
possibly imagine teaming up with others at this point.

mvg,
Alex