Ruby XML-RPC question (slightly OT)

joshuajnoble

Hi, I've got a little Ruby script that I'm trying to get to
successfully read from wordpress blogs for an aggregator of sorts, but
I haven't had any luck. XML-RPC is enabled for the blog and I doubled
checked that it's working. I just followed along with the code
presented here

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=395003896&size=o

because it seems pretty straightforward. I did this:

`require 'xmlrpc/client.rb'
begin
server = XMLRPC::Client.new("http://thefactoryfactory.com/
wordpress", "/xmlrpc.php", 80)
result = server.call("mt.supportedMethods", 0, "log", "pass")
puts result
rescue XMLRPC::FaultException => e
puts "error code : #{e.faultCode}"
puts "error string : #{e.faultString}"
end`

But I get back

initialize': getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename
(SocketError)
from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:560:in `open'

Has anyone done this (or something similar) before? Thanks in advance
for any info,

josh

pedro mg

joshuajnoble said:
Hi, I've got a little Ruby script that I'm trying to get to
successfully read from wordpress blogs for an aggregator of sorts, but
I haven't had any luck. XML-RPC is enabled for the blog and I doubled
checked that it's working. I just followed along with the code
presented here

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=395003896&size=o

hi, that's my Flickr area, and my code :)
I have the Blogging From Vim ruby-script working fine, as you can see in
the other photos. I'll publish it very soon. It is now working very
fine, and some people already using it, and allows you to blog directly
from VI / VIM / GVIM. If you want to, i'll copy/paste the it here. Do you ?

best regards,