Ruby1.8.1 on FreeBSD

Carsten Eckelmann

Hi,

I've just installed my first FreeBSD 5.1 server and I'm wondering about
Ruby 1.8.1 availability on this OS. When I installed ruby from the ports
tree I get a version 1.6.8 only.

Please give me some pointers of where to look for info, as I'm totally
new to FreeBSD....

Cheers,
Carsten.

Ollivier Robert

I've just installed my first FreeBSD 5.1 server and I'm wondering about
Ruby 1.8.1 availability on this OS. When I installed ruby from the ports
tree I get a version 1.6.8 only.

You can install lang/ruby18 which will give you 1.8pre_something IIRC then
as the other poster said, update your ports tree which will give you 1.8.1.