rubyscript2exe > Invalid char `\220' in expression (RC=256) ?

Rebhan, Gilbert

Hi,

i want to create an executable of the following
simple ruby snippet =3D

time=3DTime.now.strftime('%d.%m.%Y')
exec("c:/Programme/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE
http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=3D#{time}&endesuchda=
um=3D#{time}&jobsuchen=3DJobsuche+starten&command=3Dgetjobuebersichtzeitr=
aum")

works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =3D
c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
Tracing jobsuche ...
jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression

I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =3D
Invalid char `\220' in expression

Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?

Regards,Gilbert

Damjan Rems

Hi,

i want to create an executable of the following
simple ruby snippet =

time=Time.now.strftime('%d.%m.%Y')
exec("c:/Programme/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE
http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=#{time}&endesuchdat
um=#{time}&jobsuchen=Jobsuche+starten&command=getjobuebersichtzeitraum")

works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =
c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
Tracing jobsuche ...
jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression

I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =
Invalid char `\220' in expression

Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?

Regards,Gilbert

I haven't work with with ruby2script (yet), but it looks like you have
an UTF-8 character where not expected.

by
TheR

Rebhan, Gilbert

=20

Hi,

works fine, but when i try to create the executable i get =3D
c:\ruby_tools\rubyscript2exe>ruby rubyscript2exe.rb jobsuche.rb
Tracing jobsuche ...
jobsuche.rb:1: Invalid char `\220' in expression
=20
I also tried with allinoneruby, got the same error =3D
Invalid char `\220' in expression
=20
Any ideas what went wrong and how to get my executable ?
=20
Regards,Gilbert

I haven't work with with ruby2script (yet), but it looks like you have=20
an UTF-8 character where not expected.
*/

Hm, i didn't find such character(s), but it works now with =3D

require 'win32ole'

ie =3D WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
ie.visible =3D true
ie.navigate("http://scmcs/deploy/ControllerServlet?startsuchdatum=3D#{tim=
}&endesuchdatum=3D#{time}&jobsuchen=3DJobsuche+starten&command=3Dgetjobue=
bersi
chtzeitraum")

and rubyscript2exe

Regards, Gilbert