rubyw.exe and the "system()" call

Chase Wilson

I'm trying to run ruby without the command terminal popping up, so I run
it using rubyw.exe. However, in my program I need to make many calls
using the "system()" command, and every time I do, the command terminal
pops up for a fraction of a second and then goes away. This is very
distracting and I was wondering if anyone knew a way around this.

When I run this using ruby.exe I don't get this problem; however because
it's ruby.exe I have the command terminal showing the whole time (which
I don't want)

Pete Higgins

Chase Wilson wrote in post #996358:
I'm trying to run ruby without the command terminal popping up, so I run
it using rubyw.exe. However, in my program I need to make many calls
using the "system()" command, and every time I do, the command terminal
pops up for a fraction of a second and then goes away. This is very
distracting and I was wondering if anyone knew a way around this.

When I run this using ruby.exe I don't get this problem; however because
it's ruby.exe I have the command terminal showing the whole time (which
I don't want)

IIRC, Process.spawn [1] doesn't cause the cmd window to show when using
rubyw.exe.

1: http://ruby-doc.org/core-1.9/classes/Process.html#M002230