RubyX11 and MetaRuby

Mathieu Bouchard

--8323328-372419855-1168650375=:11417

This is just to say that I'm going to phase out Ruby, so, all the plans=20
that I might have had to revive RubyX11 and/or MetaRuby one day, are just=
=20
gone. I've made that decision a few months ago but I hadn't thought about=
=20
those two old projects. Basically, if anyone wants to pick up development=
=20
of any of those two, they're welcome, as long as license and attribution=20
is kept, as usual.

I'm not giving up my third large Ruby project called GridFlow, I'm just=20
going to replace all of the Ruby code in it, by code written in other=20
languages.

PS: my MetaRuby has nothing to do with the other, later project of the=20
same name.

| Mathieu Bouchard - t=E9l:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
| Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montr=E9al QC Canada
--8323328-372419855-1168650375=:11417--
--8323328-372419855-1168650375=:11417--

Trans

Mathieu said:

This is just to say that I'm going to phase out Ruby, so, all the plans
that I might have had to revive RubyX11 and/or MetaRuby one day, are just
gone. I've made that decision a few months ago but I hadn't thought about
those two old projects. Basically, if anyone wants to pick up development
of any of those two, they're welcome, as long as license and attribution
is kept, as usual.

I'm not giving up my third large Ruby project called GridFlow, I'm just
going to replace all of the Ruby code in it, by code written in other
languages.

PS: my MetaRuby has nothing to do with the other, later project of the
same name.

Have any links to more information about these projects?

Thanks,
T.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mathieu said:
This is just to say that I'm going to phase out Ruby, so, all the
plans that I might have had to revive RubyX11 and/or MetaRuby one day,
are just gone. I've made that decision a few months ago but I hadn't
thought about those two old projects. Basically, if anyone wants to
pick up development of any of those two, they're welcome, as long as
license and attribution is kept, as usual.

I'm not giving up my third large Ruby project called GridFlow, I'm
just going to replace all of the Ruby code in it, by code written in
other languages.

PS: my MetaRuby has nothing to do with the other, later project of the
same name.

Is this GridFlow the one that interfaces to PureData? If so, what
languages are you looking at?

(hoping they are open-source Common Lisp for compatibility with big
chunks of other AlgoCompSynth software)

One of the reasons I started learning Ruby was to hack on GridFlow. :)

Uma Geller

Mathieu, just curious... could you please tell us
which were the reasons that made you take those decisions ?

You put a lot of effort behind your projects, and for what
I see you are a pretty advanced Ruby programmer, so why
should you dispose all that gained knowledge all of a sudden ?

Besides, it sounds like you're not only abandoning your
applications but also the Ruby language and the
Ruby ecosystem at large ?

Maybe in favor of another different language that better
suits your *current* needs, but does that mean you should
totally abandon a useful tool you might need later ?

Sorry for the many questions, just curious because it
doesn't make sense to me at all.

best,
UG

This is just to say that I'm going to phase out Ruby, so, all the plans
that I might have had to revive RubyX11 and/or MetaRuby one day, are just
gone. I've made that decision a few months ago but I hadn't thought about
those two old projects. Basically, if anyone wants to pick up development
of any of those two, they're welcome, as long as license and attribution
is kept, as usual.

I'm not giving up my third large Ruby project called GridFlow, I'm just
going to replace all of the Ruby code in it, by code written in other
languages.

PS: my MetaRuby has nothing to do with the other, later project of the
same name.

| Mathieu Bouchard - t=E9l:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
| Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montr=E9al QC Canada

--=20
best,
UG