Run At Server

Waldy

Hi there,
I have added a dropdownlist to a web form that a customer has
given me, but when I try to access the control in the code behind file I get
a server error because the form does not have the runat server tag.
However, I don't want to set the form as runat server because the javascript
validation form function would not get run then. The form was given to me
as an html file. I have just dropped that into an .aspx file so that I can
fill the lists dynamically. Anyone have any comments on this?

Teemu Keiski

In addition to Patrice's response, what kind of is the js function, why
wouldn't it run?

Waldy

The javascript function is for form data entry validation. When you set
runat server, the OnSubmit event function is looked for on the server rather
than the client.