running a simple ruby program

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sagy Drucker, Jan 10, 2012.

  1. Sagy Drucker

    Sagy Drucker Guest

    hello
    i am (very) new at ruby, gotta learn it for my new job..
    so please... keep it simple (i'm stupid) and be patient..

    so,
    i'm copying+pasting a simple ruby class:
    class AnimalLottoTicket
    end

    and after the class, i'm writing 1 line i want to run, using this
    class:
    AnimalLottoTicket::NOTES = [:TOOT, :TWEET, :BLAT]

    is this the correct way to run a program?

    i get the error:
    /home/sagy/RubymineProjects/rubyTest/test4.rb:35: Invalid redo
    (SyntaxError)

    i am using Rubymine... i installed gems version 2.3.1 (or similar) and
    i have no idea what that means...
    thanks...

    Sagy Drucker, Jan 10, 2012

  2. Welcome to Ruby!
    Looks OK, although:
    If we do not know the code (especially around line 35) we have neither.
    I'm afraid, you need to share more details.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jan 10, 2012