Running ASP.NET solutions from different physical locations

Matt

I need to open asp.net solution files whose source location files have moved. I am creating new virtual directories on the fly (using vbscript) as part of a automated build process that are configured to point to my new source directory. The build is following because I get the following error

<b>Unable to open Web project 'Abc'. The file path 'c:\dev\...' does not correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/Abc'. The two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found.</b

I am getting around this in the build process by removing the <b>GlobalSection(ProjectConfiguration)</b> section from the *.sln file

Is there a proper way to avoid this error occuring

Roland Hall

in message
:
: <b>Unable to open Web project 'Abc'. The file path 'c:\dev\...' does not
correspond to the URL 'http://localhost/Abc'. The two need to map to the
same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found.</b>
:
: I am getting around this in the build process by removing the
<b>GlobalSection(ProjectConfiguration)</b> section from the *.sln file.
:
: Is there a proper way to avoid this error occuring.

No. There is no possible way to avoid that error with JScript or VBScript.
Sorry. ):

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

[MSFT]

Hello,

To make the solution pointing to new web directory, you may need to modify
the .sln and .webinfo file. You post this question to
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. This is the proper group for such
question.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Matt

Roland

Can you give me some pointers as two where the mapping information is contained so I can either refresh it to the new mapping or delete it so a new mapping is created

I need to be able to move my source around and set up new virtual directories that refer to the new source directory and open the IDE without being prompted. How can this be achieved?

Roland Hall

in message
: Can you give me some pointers as two where the mapping information is
contained so I can either refresh it to the new mapping or delete it so a
new mapping is created.
:
: I need to be able to move my source around and set up new virtual
directories that refer to the new source directory and open the IDE without
being prompted. How can this be achieved?

Hi Matt...

Aaron's post should have been reviewed. He's trying to tell you that this
is Classic ASP and while some people may have knowledge re: your issue with
ASP.NET, this is not the forum to cover it. My response was along the same
lines since I mentioned JScript and VBScript, Classic ASP languages.

The good news is Luke is responding, although also pointing you to a proper
NG but I'm confident he can help you get things working.

Good luck.

Roland

[MSFT]

Hi Matt,

Have you send the question to the group I suggested? If so, please let me
know the thread. I can monitor it or reply you directly.

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

[MSFT]

Hello,

I failed to find the issue yet. Did you use the MSDN account
"(e-mail address removed)" to post the issue. If no, I suggest you post
it with MSDN account, so that it can be monitor by our engineers.

Thanks,