Running .net application on a different port...

SatishPasala

Hi

I am developing a .net application. For my local system I use
http://localhost/<directory>/filename. As for the testing server it
runs at the root of the webserver "/".

Is there any way I can configure my local system so that my application
can run at the root. I have few other .net web projects I am working
on. So I just can not use the root as it is now.

Is there any way I can configure the .net web application to run on a
different port.

ex. http://localhost:83

I appreciate any help.

satish

Joey

Open the IIS snap in.
Right click the default web site.
Select Stop.
Right click the default web site.
Select Properties.
Change the home directory to where your app is.
There is also a setting in there to change the port from 80 to
something else.
There is also a setting on the documents tab to move default.aspx to
the top.
Click OK.
Right click the default web site.
Click Start.