Sample code or app for Crystal Reports and user filters

John Dalberg

I am having issues with Crystal Reports and user criteria (filters)
supplied in the report aspx page. The user chooses a date range on the same
page where the report resides. The problem is that the report parameters
need to be set up in a pre Page_load event however I can't read the values
from asp.net date controls until after the preinitialization (like
page_init) is done. chicken and egg situation?

Am I correct that I can't read a postback value inside Page_init? The
controls contain null values until Page_load fires.

Are there sample code for Crytal Reports that initialize report parametrs
from user input? The code I have seen have hard coded values which work
fine in page_init.