saving checkbox states on a page?

Kourosh

Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
just want ideas....
thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Kourosh said:
Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

this is done locally. the html file is not on a server.
just want ideas....

Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
the query string very kludgey and error prone

Kourosh

Jonathan said:
Without a server Cookie with JavaScript is really about it. Fudging with
the query string very kludgey and error prone
alright thanks for the advice :)

Steven Saunderson

Is there a nice/easy way to save the state of a whole bunch of
checkboxes on an html page? I'm looping through all and saving them in
a cookie, and then read the cookie on a page load and set the checkbox
values accordingly. Just wondering if there is a better way....

I have some pages where I saved CB settings in a cookie. The idea was
to save settings from multiple pages and then create an e-mail listing
all the selected products.

Check <http://home.exetel.com.au/phelum/cbtest.htm> if interested.