Saving .htm after user edit

Bob Murdoch

We have an asp application that creates reports from a database. The
managers would like to create the report, view the results, add a comment,
and save the report so that he can send a link to the employee that the
report pertains to.

The building of the report is a lengthy process. We would like to be able
to save the resulting html along with the manager comments back to the
server, rather than just saving the comments and rebuilding the report when
the user requests it.

Any chance of something like this working, and if so any hints?

tia,

Bob M..

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Hi Bob,

You could treat your asp page as the remote site in this example,
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173, read the contents back to a
variable, concatenate the comment to that, and then use the File Scripting
Object to write the contents to a .htm file on your server.

Ray at work