Scalable web architecture with ASP.NET 2.0

Guest

Hello,

Our team is about to begin development of a web based product using ASP.NET
2.0. We want to ensure that our architecture is scalable (n-tier) and easy
to maintain. I've read up on the new ObjectDataSource as used in Microsoft's
TimeTracker demo and it looks like a similar direction we may wish to head.

I'd appreciate any advice. Is this a good approach? Does anyone have any
experience scaling any application using this/similar method?

Thanks

Brent

agapeton

I'm loving the new ObjectDataSource. It helps keep the teirs separate
and clean. I'm actually keeping the UI guys away fom the middle teir
completely. I tell them the interfaces for the middle teir and they
just work with that. Very clean...

RCS

Yep, I completely agree. ObjectDatasource is about the easiest, smartest and
cleanest way to make n-tier apps. The tools that are available now, are
better than anything else that's been around, imho