scheduling a process using java

raj

Hi,

I have a requirement of creating files and sending mails from my java
application based on some conditions like ,the user selects the date
and time from the UI and fills the form details on the UI,on that
particular date and time i need to create a new file and trigger a
mail with the filled in details.

can anyone help me in doing this

Regards
Raj

Martin Gregorie

Thanks for the reply

but how will that java class run automatically on that particular
time,who invokes it.
Your UI sends the user input to a server. The server stores a list of
requests and sends mail at the requested times.

jonckvanderkogel

Hi,

I have a requirement of creating files and sending mails from my java
application based on some conditions like ,the user selects the date
and time from the UI and fills the form details on the UI,on that
particular date and time i need to create a new file and trigger a
mail with the filled in details.

can anyone help me in doing this

Regards
Raj

Take a look at Spring scheduling, this does what you want.

http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/scheduling.html

Raghav

Hi,

I have a requirement of creating files and sending mails from my java
application based on some conditions like ,the user selects the date
and time from the UI and fills the form details on the UI,on that
particular date and time i need to create a new file and trigger a
mail with the filled in details.

can anyone help me in doing this

Regards
Raj

You can take a look at java.util.Timer and TimerTask.

Arne Vajhøj

raj said:
but how will that java class run automatically on that particular
time,who invokes it.

It is very difficult to say what you need based on the very little
information we have about the context.

If I were to guess, then I would say that a server like Tomcat
with a web front and Quartz as the scheduler could be an option.

Arne

yemenjava

It is very difficult to say what you need based on the very little
information we have about the context.

If I were to guess, then I would say that a server like Tomcat
with a web front and Quartz as the scheduler could be an option.

Arne

you can use quartz framwork to by creatin table that and stor date and
time in this table and creare job that check this table every 1 minet
for example for mor details see http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/