"Script" GUI?

RC

I am NOT talking about JavaScript.
In UNIX there is a command called "script" which
records everything you typed, includes the error
messages display on screen. When you exit the
"script" program, it save the recording into
a typescript file.

I am looking further more, I need to record the
mouse buttons, mouse clicks, what GUI (Java JClasses)
menu, button, etc. I have clicked, ....

Is/Are there such "script GUI" program available
out there?

I need do auto test by a script instead a real person
sit at front of terminal click the mouse buttons.

Thanks!

Oliver Wong

RC said:
I am NOT talking about JavaScript.
In UNIX there is a command called "script" which
records everything you typed, includes the error
messages display on screen. When you exit the
"script" program, it save the recording into
a typescript file.

I am looking further more, I need to record the
mouse buttons, mouse clicks, what GUI (Java JClasses)
menu, button, etc. I have clicked, ....

Is/Are there such "script GUI" program available
out there?

I need do auto test by a script instead a real person
sit at front of terminal click the mouse buttons.

Closest equivalent sounds like Robot:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Robot.html

- Oliver

Andrew Thompson

RC said:
I am NOT talking about JavaScript.
In UNIX there is a command called "script" which
records everything you typed, includes the error
messages display on screen. When you exit the
"script" program, it save the recording into
a typescript file.

I (vaguely) recall a utility added on to JUnit that
could record the user's actions, but it did not
record the output of the application, only inputs.
(and it was not very good).

Andrew T.

Daniel Dyer

I (vaguely) recall a utility added on to JUnit that
could record the user's actions, but it did not
record the output of the application, only inputs.
(and it was not very good).

Andrew T.

There was a tool called JFCUnit that I remember using a few years ago.
That may be the one that you are thinking of.

Dan.

Andrew Thompson

Daniel said:
I (vaguely) recall a utility added on to JUnit ..
There was a tool called JFCUnit that I remember using a few years ago.
That may be the one that you are thinking of.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is the one.

A.