Search an PrinterInputStream class ?

pcouas

Hi,

My Java program read a flow which come from a an external program and
has been devlopped for a Printer.
So flow contains special character like \r for returning at the
begining of line.
Someone has devlop an PrinterInputStream Class ?

Regards
Philippe

Roedy Green

My Java program read a flow which come from a an external program and
has been devlopped for a Printer.
So flow contains special character like \r for returning at the
begining of line.
Someone has devlop an PrinterInputStream Class ?

the simplest way would be to override the line.separator property.

System.setProperty ( "line.separator", "\r" );

pcouas

When flow contains \r, datas must stay on same line, but at begining of
current line, and if flow is blank caracter don't override previous
data.
Line separator could be \f or \r\f

Philippe

Roedy Green

When flow contains \r, datas must stay on same line, but at begining of
current line, and if flow is blank caracter don't override previous
data.
Line separator could be \f or \r\f

You probably want to read the stream char by char yourself and search
for line endings.