search engine

jlrodilla

hi all, i´m doing a search engine using python for the spider and php
to make a web for the search. The Database i have choosen is
postgreSQL. Do you think it is a good choosen? Any suggestion?

if anybody in interested in colaborate please send an e-mail to
(e-mail address removed)

In a few weeks i will upload all the code to one domain and so i can be
able to send you information about this project.

The idea is to build a search engine like "google", but my/our search
engine only look for tech pages, i also wants that users can select if
they want to search a web, faqs/howto, manuals/tutorials...

Thanks.

Premshree Pillai

hi all, i´m doing a search engine using python for the spider and php
to make a web for the search. The Database i have choosen is

Just curious: is there any particular reason you want to use PHP for
building the web interface?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?BJ=F6rn_Lindqvist?=

hi all, i´m doing a search engine using python for the spider and php
to make a web for the search. The Database i have choosen is
postgreSQL. Do you think it is a good choosen? Any suggestion?

"Databases are implementation details! Considering the database should
be deferred as long as possible. Far too many applications are
inextricably tied to their databases because they were designed with
the database in mind from the beginning. Remember the definition of
abstraction: the amplification of the essential and the elimination of
the irrelevant. The database is irrelevant at this stage of the
project; it is merely a technique used for storing and accessing data,
nothing more." (Robert C. Martin, Agile Software Development, p. 194)