Search Pages

thomson

Hi all,
I have a Problem in my web application, it is for a Retail
Store, and it has lot of products,and lots of categories, i need an
efficient search mechanism, where in which i have to search the
products, does any one have any idea how do i start with.

Do i have to create lots of aspx pages with the products for each
categories, and then think about searching .

Or should i have a single page to display all the product dynamically.

I dont have any clue about it , i have seen so many sites,

Can any one please help me in giving me a better solution

thanks in advance

Regards

thomson

Lucas Tam

Or should i have a single page to display all the product dynamically.

I dont have any clue about it , i have seen so many sites,

Can any one please help me in giving me a better solution

Are you storing all items in a database?

In that case, you can use SQL server full text search to search through the
DB.

intrader

Hi all,
I have a Problem in my web application, it is for a Retail
Store, and it has lot of products,and lots of categories, i need an
efficient search mechanism, where in which i have to search the
products, does any one have any idea how do i start with.

Do i have to create lots of aspx pages with the products for each
categories, and then think about searching .

Or should i have a single page to display all the product dynamically.

I dont have any clue about it , i have seen so many sites,

Can any one please help me in giving me a better solution

thanks in advance

Regards

thomson
Let's start by modeling your problem domain. From the problem domain you
dtermine a few classes that represent the entities in the domain (i.e.:
products, customers, etc.). Then decide how you may store or obtain the
information to fill-up your product,customers, etc from a database. There
are various databases products capable of providing you with good
performance (for example Microsoft's SQL Server, or the open source MySQL).
Once you have these classes, you now express them to the UI for use and
editing.

thomson

Hi all,
I do have all the tables ready for customers and products.

But the issue is how do i show it on the front end , do i need to use a
single aspx page to display the contents ie, when the user gives a
search on products, it should fetch the data from the database and
display it

How is it

Regards