Search path for DLL's

Anthony

Hi,

Anyone who can tell me if on XP there is something like a
search path for finding the proper DLL's.

We installed a GUI design application with it's own DLL's.
And after that a path with DLL's of the same name. How to
tell XP to use the DLL of the path and not the old ones.

Some help would be nice !

Thanks,
A.

red floyd

Anthony said:
Hi,

Anyone who can tell me if on XP there is something like a
search path for finding the proper DLL's.

We installed a GUI design application with it's own DLL's.
And after that a path with DLL's of the same name. How to
tell XP to use the DLL of the path and not the old ones.

Some help would be nice !

Thanks,
A.

You're OT, but I believe XP searches the local directory,
WINDOWS/SYSTEM32, and the PATH.

In the future, though, go to a windows newsgroup. You can find them on
news.microsoft.com

Michael Winter

on 01 Oct 03:
You're OT, but I believe XP searches the local directory,
WINDOWS/SYSTEM32, and the PATH.

In the future, though, go to a windows newsgroup. You can find them on
news.microsoft.com

Alternatively, the poster could just READ the Win32 documentation on
DLLs - it states quite clearly the exact search order used in 9x/Me
and NT OS variants. The Win32 docs available on-line at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Michael